The city of Jasper, in Walker county of Alabama, is home to one of the states many confederate monuments. The area fell victim to pillaging, burning, and who knows what other savagery as Union forces marched toward Selma raiding deep into the Southland.
The monument stands at the front of the courthouse square. It was erected in 1907 by the United Daughter’s of the Confederacy and is dedicated to the memory of some 1900 soldiers sent to serve the beloved South from the surrounding area. It yet stands today, a proud and silent witness to the honored dead and our sacred heritage.
For more information regarding the monument, its inscriptions, etc., please visit THIS page dedicated to that end.